This NOAA site will no longer provide GOES-East imagery. For access to high resolution GOES-East imagery from GOES-16, please go to the site: https://www.star.nesdis.noaa.gov/GOES/index.php. We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience.
Case Studies and Examples
Smoke & Fire Products
- Northern California Fires
- Soufriere Hills March 20-21 Eruption
- Guagua Pichincha October 1999 Eruptions
- Soufriere Hills July 20, 1999 Eruption
- Soufriere Hills July 20-21, 1999 Ash Cloud (from 7/20/99 eruption)
- Bezymianny February 26, 1999 Ash Cloud over the Pacific Ocean
- Lascar April 20, 1993
Indicates a link outside the U.S. Government.