Tuesday, August 2, 2005
DESCRIPTIVE TEXT NARRATIVE FOR SMOKE/DUST OBSERVED IN SATELLITE IMAGERY
THRU 1500Z August 02, 2005
Pacific Northwest/Southwest Canada:
An area of thin smoke was seen over much of northern Washington, extreme
northern Idaho into southeast British Columbia and southwest Alberta. The
smoke extends into the Pacific Ocean west of Vancouver Island and was
generated from the fires in Alaska.
- Unless otherwise indicated:
- Areas of smoke are analyzed using GOES-EAST and GOES-WEST Visible satellite imagery.
- Only a general description of areas of smoke or significant smoke plumes will be analyzed.
- A quantitative assessment of the density/amount of particulate or the vertical distribution is not included.
- Widespread cloudiness may prevent the detection of smoke even from significant fires.