Thursday, August 18, 2005
DESCRIPTIVE TEXT NARRATIVE FOR SMOKE/DUST OBSERVED IN SATELLITE IMAGERY
THRU 1500Z August 18, 2005
Cloud cover across the southern third of Alaska meant that the only
identifiable smoke stretched from central Yukon Territory across central
The only discernible smoke was located over the Horn Plateau of
southwestern Northwest Territories.
- Unless otherwise indicated:
- Areas of smoke are analyzed using GOES-EAST and GOES-WEST Visible satellite imagery.
- Only a general description of areas of smoke or significant smoke plumes will be analyzed.
- A quantitative assessment of the density/amount of particulate or the vertical distribution is not included.
- Widespread cloudiness may prevent the detection of smoke even from significant fires.