Tuesday, August 30, 2005
DESCRIPTIVE TEXT NARRATIVE FOR SMOKE/DUST OBSERVED IN SATELLITE IMAGERY
THROUGH 1600Z August 30, 2005
Cloud cover over Alaska limited the detection of smoke to the extreme
northwest portion of the Northwest Territories and northern Yukon
A large area of smoke stretched from central Saskatchewan into northern
Manitoba across Hudson Bay into Quebec.
- Unless otherwise indicated:
- Areas of smoke are analyzed using GOES-EAST and GOES-WEST Visible satellite imagery.
- Only a general description of areas of smoke or significant smoke plumes will be analyzed.
- A quantitative assessment of the density/amount of particulate or the vertical distribution is not included.
- Widespread cloudiness may prevent the detection of smoke even from significant fires.