Wednesday, September 28, 2005
DESCRIPTIVE TEXT NARRATIVE FOR SMOKE/DUST OBSERVED IN SATELLITE IMAGERY
THROUGH 0115Z September 28, 2005
Northwest US/Canada :
Thin smoke plumes produced by numerous wildfires were detected in
California, the Northwest and southern British Columbia.
Central US :
A large area of haze/pollution and possible smoke from agricultural
burns extends from northeastern Texas/Lower Mississippi Valley to the
Gulf of Mexico.
- Unless otherwise indicated:
- Areas of smoke are analyzed using GOES-EAST and GOES-WEST Visible satellite imagery.
- Only a general description of areas of smoke or significant smoke plumes will be analyzed.
- A quantitative assessment of the density/amount of particulate or the vertical distribution is not included.
- Widespread cloudiness may prevent the detection of smoke even from significant fires.