Sunday, October 2, 2005
DESCRIPTIVE TEXT NARRATIVE FOR SMOKE/DUST OBSERVED IN SATELLITE IMAGERY
THROUGH 1600Z October 2, 2005
A strong, persistent fire near the border of Sublette and Lincoln
Counties is under dense cloud cover and therefore any smoke plume cannot
be observed in satellite imagery.
Remainder of the U.S.
No areas of large scale smoke were observed in satellite imagery this
- Unless otherwise indicated:
- Areas of smoke are analyzed using GOES-EAST and GOES-WEST Visible satellite imagery.
- Only a general description of areas of smoke or significant smoke plumes will be analyzed.
- A quantitative assessment of the density/amount of particulate or the vertical distribution is not included.
- Widespread cloudiness may prevent the detection of smoke even from significant fires.