Thursday, October 13, 2005
DESCRIPTIVE TEXT NARRATIVE FOR SMOKE/DUST OBSERVED IN SATELLITE IMAGERY
THROUGH 1515Z October 13, 2005
No areas of significant smoke, sand or dust could be detected on satellite
imagery through 1500Z.
Fires in central Quebec may be continuing to produce smoke, but very
dense cloudiness obscures view of the fire area.
- Unless otherwise indicated:
- Areas of smoke are analyzed using GOES-EAST and GOES-WEST Visible satellite imagery.
- Only a general description of areas of smoke or significant smoke plumes will be analyzed.
- A quantitative assessment of the density/amount of particulate or the vertical distribution is not included.
- Widespread cloudiness may prevent the detection of smoke even from significant fires.