Wednesday, October 19, 2005
DESCRIPTIVE TEXT NARRATIVE FOR SMOKE/DUST OBSERVED IN SATELLITE IMAGERY
THROUGH 1700Z October 20, 2005
SE US and Lower Mississippi Valley:
A small faint smoke plume can be seen over De Soto County LA. Elsewhere
no other smoke plumes are visible especially where clouds are over
spreading the area.
Texas: No smoke plumes are visible at this time.
- Unless otherwise indicated:
- Areas of smoke are analyzed using GOES-EAST and GOES-WEST Visible satellite imagery.
- Only a general description of areas of smoke or significant smoke plumes will be analyzed.
- A quantitative assessment of the density/amount of particulate or the vertical distribution is not included.
- Widespread cloudiness may prevent the detection of smoke even from significant fires.