Tuesday, November 15, 2005
DESCRIPTIVE TEXT NARRATIVE FOR SMOKE/DUST OBSERVED IN SATELLITE IMAGERY
THROUGH 0000Z November 15, 2005
The fire in western Pittsburg County continues to produce a moderately
dense smoke plume. Satellite imagery through about 20Z November 14
showed the plume extending toward the northeast into Muskogee County.
Since that time, cloud cover has increased and now prevents satellite
detection of the plume.
- Unless otherwise indicated:
- Areas of smoke are analyzed using GOES-EAST and GOES-WEST Visible satellite imagery.
- Only a general description of areas of smoke or significant smoke plumes will be analyzed.
- A quantitative assessment of the density/amount of particulate or the vertical distribution is not included.
- Widespread cloudiness may prevent the detection of smoke even from significant fires.