Wednesday, December 7, 2005
DESCRIPTIVE TEXT NARRATIVE FOR SMOKE/DUST OBSERVED IN SATELLITE IMAGERY
THROUGH 0030Z December 8, 2005
A fire in northwestern Baja California (south of Tijuana but north of
Ensenada) is producing moderate to dense smoke. The smoke is moving
toward the south southeast (approaching Ensenada and Real del Castillo)
and also toward the southwest (reaching the coast).
- Unless otherwise indicated:
- Areas of smoke are analyzed using GOES-EAST and GOES-WEST Visible satellite imagery.
- Only a general description of areas of smoke or significant smoke plumes will be analyzed.
- A quantitative assessment of the density/amount of particulate or the vertical distribution is not included.
- Widespread cloudiness may prevent the detection of smoke even from significant fires.