Friday, December 9, 2005
DESCRIPTIVE TEXT NARRATIVE FOR SMOKE/DUST OBSERVED IN SATELLITE IMAGERY
THROUGH 2245Z December 9, 2005
A fire just NW of Fort Defiance, in east-central Apache county is
producing dense smoke that extends SSE 34km just NE of Lupton near I-40
at the NM/AZ state line. The plume is about 10km wide.
- Unless otherwise indicated:
- Areas of smoke are analyzed using GOES-EAST and GOES-WEST Visible satellite imagery.
- Only a general description of areas of smoke or significant smoke plumes will be analyzed.
- A quantitative assessment of the density/amount of particulate or the vertical distribution is not included.
- Widespread cloudiness may prevent the detection of smoke even from significant fires.