Saturday, December 17, 2005
DESCRIPTIVE TEXT NARRATIVE FOR SMOKE/DUST OBSERVED IN SATELLITE IMAGERY
THROUGH 0130Z December 18, 2005
A fire in northeast Lincoln county emitted a narrow plume of dense smoke
moving west across the county into the Pacific Ocean.
A fire near Kahului, Maui emitted a dense smoke plume that quickly moved
northeast from the island. The smoke from the fire dissipated within
- Unless otherwise indicated:
- Areas of smoke are analyzed using GOES-EAST and GOES-WEST Visible satellite imagery.
- Only a general description of areas of smoke or significant smoke plumes will be analyzed.
- A quantitative assessment of the density/amount of particulate or the vertical distribution is not included.
- Widespread cloudiness may prevent the detection of smoke even from significant fires.