Tuesday, December 28, 2005
DESCRIPTIVE TEXT NARRATIVE FOR SMOKE/DUST OBSERVED IN SATELLITE IMAGERY
THROUGH 1630Z December 28, 2005
Cirrus clouds have moved in over central Texas obscuring any remaining
smoke plumes in that area. The only remaining plume visible in this
mornings imagery is a small plume emanating from a fire on the boundary
between Atoka and Pushmataha counties of Oklahoma.
- Unless otherwise indicated:
- Areas of smoke are analyzed using GOES-EAST and GOES-WEST Visible satellite imagery.
- Only a general description of areas of smoke or significant smoke plumes will be analyzed.
- A quantitative assessment of the density/amount of particulate or the vertical distribution is not included.
- Widespread cloudiness may prevent the detection of smoke even from significant fires.