Friday, January 6, 2006
DESCRIPTIVE TEXT NARRATIVE FOR SMOKE/DUST OBSERVED IN SATELLITE IMAGERY
THROUGH 1615Z January 6, 2006
Yesterday's fire near the coast in Brazoria County continues.
A smoke plume extended 35 nmi to the south over the Gulf of Mexico.
Visible satellite imagery showed the plume backing from southeast to
south southwest this morning.
- Unless otherwise indicated:
- Areas of smoke are analyzed using GOES-EAST and GOES-WEST Visible satellite imagery.
- Only a general description of areas of smoke or significant smoke plumes will be analyzed.
- A quantitative assessment of the density/amount of particulate or the vertical distribution is not included.
- Widespread cloudiness may prevent the detection of smoke even from significant fires.