Monday, January 16, 2006
DESCRIPTIVE TEXT NARRATIVE FOR SMOKE/DUST OBSERVED IN SATELLITE IMAGERY
THROUGH 1645Z January 16, 2006
Fires in east Glade and central Palm Beach counties are emitting thin
smoke plumes 60-80 km long. These plumes are moving north across Lake
Okeechobee and the counties of Martin, St Lucia, Okeechobee, Highland
- Unless otherwise indicated:
- Areas of smoke are analyzed using GOES-EAST and GOES-WEST Visible satellite imagery.
- Only a general description of areas of smoke or significant smoke plumes will be analyzed.
- A quantitative assessment of the density/amount of particulate or the vertical distribution is not included.
- Widespread cloudiness may prevent the detection of smoke even from significant fires.