Tuesday, April 18, 2006
DESCRIPTIVE TEXT NARRATIVE FOR SMOKE/DUST OBSERVED IN SATELLITE IMAGERY
THROUGH 1645Z APRIL 18, 2006.
Central Plains (KS/MO/OK/IA):
Some remnant smoke/blowing dust/haze is evident on morning satellite
imagery this morning over portions of eastern Kansas/northern
Otherwise no areas of significant smoke/blowing dust were noticed on
satellite imagery this morning.
- Unless otherwise indicated:
- Areas of smoke are analyzed using GOES-EAST and GOES-WEST Visible satellite imagery.
- Only a general description of areas of smoke or significant smoke plumes will be analyzed.
- A quantitative assessment of the density/amount of particulate or the vertical distribution is not included.
- Widespread cloudiness may prevent the detection of smoke even from significant fires.