Saturday, April 29, 2006
DESCRIPTIVE TEXT NARRATIVE FOR SMOKE/DUST OBSERVED IN SATELLITE IMAGERY
THROUGH 1600Z APRIL 29, 2006.
Mexico/Gulf of Mexico:
Fires in the states of Vera Cruz, Taba, and SW Campeche in southern
Mexico continue to produce thin to moderately dense smoke that is drifting
northward over western portions of the Gulf of Mexico.
- Unless otherwise indicated:
- Areas of smoke are analyzed using GOES-EAST and GOES-WEST Visible satellite imagery.
- Only a general description of areas of smoke or significant smoke plumes will be analyzed.
- A quantitative assessment of the density/amount of particulate or the vertical distribution is not included.
- Widespread cloudiness may prevent the detection of smoke even from significant fires.