Monday, May 1, 2006
DESCRIPTIVE TEXT NARRATIVE FOR SMOKE/DUST OBSERVED IN SATELLITE IMAGERY
THROUGH 1345Z MAY 1, 2006.
A large fire buring in the Serranias del Burro in the N. Sierra Marde
in N. Coahuila state is producing moderately dense smoke that extends
NE about 49km with a thin vale of smoke extending northward to near
- Unless otherwise indicated:
- Areas of smoke are analyzed using GOES-EAST and GOES-WEST Visible satellite imagery.
- Only a general description of areas of smoke or significant smoke plumes will be analyzed.
- A quantitative assessment of the density/amount of particulate or the vertical distribution is not included.
- Widespread cloudiness may prevent the detection of smoke even from significant fires.