Wednesday, May 3, 2006
DESCRIPTIVE TEXT NARRATIVE FOR SMOKE/DUST OBSERVED IN SATELLITE IMAGERY
THROUGH 1630Z MAY 3, 2006.
Western Gulf of Mexico:
An area of light smoke mixed in with haze is moving north across the
western portion of the Gulf of Mexico. The total area coverage of the
smoke is very difficult to determine due to haze.
- Unless otherwise indicated:
- Areas of smoke are analyzed using GOES-EAST and GOES-WEST Visible satellite imagery.
- Only a general description of areas of smoke or significant smoke plumes will be analyzed.
- A quantitative assessment of the density/amount of particulate or the vertical distribution is not included.
- Widespread cloudiness may prevent the detection of smoke even from significant fires.