Sunday, May 21, 2006
DESCRIPTIVE TEXT NARRATIVE FOR SMOKE/DUST OBSERVED IN SATELLITE IMAGERY
THROUGH 163Z May 21, 2006.
Western Gulf of Mexico:
Area of haze/smoke 150 km wide stretches from the Bay of Campeche to a
point approximately 225 km east of Brownsville, Texas. This area is
moving towards the north and west and may extend farther to the east
where extensive cloud cover prevented detection.
- Unless otherwise indicated:
- Areas of smoke are analyzed using GOES-EAST and GOES-WEST Visible satellite imagery.
- Only a general description of areas of smoke or significant smoke plumes will be analyzed.
- A quantitative assessment of the density/amount of particulate or the vertical distribution is not included.
- Widespread cloudiness may prevent the detection of smoke even from significant fires.