Sunday, June 11, 2006
DESCRIPTIVE TEXT NARRATIVE FOR SMOKE/DUST OBSERVED IN SATELLITE IMAGERY
THROUGH 1645Z June 11, 2006.
A significant area of moderately dense smoke/haze can be seen in
northeast Alaska. The source of this is more than likely from the
wildfire in Fairbanks North, but there is limited visibility of that
area due to cloud cover.
- Unless otherwise indicated:
- Areas of smoke are analyzed using GOES-EAST and GOES-WEST Visible satellite imagery.
- Only a general description of areas of smoke or significant smoke plumes will be analyzed.
- A quantitative assessment of the density/amount of particulate or the vertical distribution is not included.
- Widespread cloudiness may prevent the detection of smoke even from significant fires.