Monday, July 10, 2006
DESCRIPTIVE TEXT NARRATIVE FOR SMOKE/DUST OBSERVED IN SATELLITE IMAGERY
THROUGH 0225Z July 11, 2006.
A fire in Stanislaus county is producing a moderately dense to dense plume
of smoke that is moving north to northeast through central California.
Further north on the border of Tehama and Trinity counties a fire is
producing a light plume of smoke that is moving east.
- Unless otherwise indicated:
- Areas of smoke are analyzed using GOES-EAST and GOES-WEST Visible satellite imagery.
- Only a general description of areas of smoke or significant smoke plumes will be analyzed.
- A quantitative assessment of the density/amount of particulate or the vertical distribution is not included.
- Widespread cloudiness may prevent the detection of smoke even from significant fires.