Sunday, November 5, 2006
DESCRIPTIVE TEXT NARRATIVE FOR SMOKE/DUST OBSERVED IN SATELLITE IMAGERY
THROUGH 1715Z November 5, 2006
A large fire in northern Wakulla county in the Apalachicola National
Forest north of Arran is producing moderately dense smoke that is moving
to the west and fanning out. It reaches to the Ochlockonee river along
the Leon/Wakulla county border where the plume is about 25 km wide.
- Unless otherwise indicated:
- Areas of smoke are analyzed using GOES-EAST and GOES-WEST Visible satellite imagery.
- Only a general description of areas of smoke or significant smoke plumes will be analyzed.
- A quantitative assessment of the density/amount of particulate or the vertical distribution is not included.
- Widespread cloudiness may prevent the detection of smoke even from significant fires.