Thursday, November 23, 2006
DESCRIPTIVE TEXT NARRATIVE FOR SMOKE/DUST OBSERVED IN SATELLITE IMAGERY
THROUGH 1715Z November 23, 2006
Louisiana/Gulf of Mexico:
An area of light smoke is moving west SW to west off the central
Louisiana coast (in/around Vermilion Bay, Weeks Bay, West Cote Blanche
Bay, Marsh Island) into the Gulf of Mexico. The smoke is most likely
from a combination of yesterday and today's fires.
- Unless otherwise indicated:
- Areas of smoke are analyzed using GOES-EAST and GOES-WEST Visible satellite imagery.
- Only a general description of areas of smoke or significant smoke plumes will be analyzed.
- A quantitative assessment of the density/amount of particulate or the vertical distribution is not included.
- Widespread cloudiness may prevent the detection of smoke even from significant fires.