Sunday, December 3, 2006
DESCRIPTIVE TEXT NARRATIVE FOR SMOKE/DUST OBSERVED IN SATELLITE IMAGERY
THROUGH 1645Z December 3, 2006
Several fires located in Ventura county are producing moderately dense
smoke that is moving west out over the ocean.
A few more fores down California's southern coast and Baja's west coast
are producing moderately dnese smoke that is moving off to the west.
- Unless otherwise indicated:
- Areas of smoke are analyzed using GOES-EAST and GOES-WEST Visible satellite imagery.
- Only a general description of areas of smoke or significant smoke plumes will be analyzed.
- A quantitative assessment of the density/amount of particulate or the vertical distribution is not included.
- Widespread cloudiness may prevent the detection of smoke even from significant fires.